Long shot -- Winnie Mae

I have the AMT kit and it looks sort of OK, but the decals are completely worthless. Not even good enough to scan and clean up. Did anyone ever release after market decals for this kit?

Reply to
Wildcat

Depends, do you want to build the Winnie Mae, or just a Lockheed Vega. The Vega was used by a number of companies (Texaco is one that comes to mind) and you might be able to put a striking aircraft out of it.

One question, the biggest fuselage difference between the AMT and the old Lindberg was that the AMT had more windows. Which version is correct for the Winnie Mae?

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

Didn't MPM release this subject in 1/72nd scale?  If so, how is this decal sheet, and might you scan it in, and re-scale it?

Does this look correct? )

And perhaps the Williams Bros. kit may serve the same purpose. Is this one back in "availability"?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Williams Bros. did a Vega?

Reply to
frank

I am under the impression that the AMT kit has the correct # of windows.

However, according to SWMBO I have been wrong many times before!!

Reply to
Wildcat

Yep, that looks like 'er

I did not know that WB did a Vega in 1/48th.

Reply to
Wildcat

If you'd like them, I have a semi-complete sheet of 1:48 Lindberg decals. The only parts missing are the two "Lockheed" tail logos (I converted a Vega to an Air Express and that was the only decal that I could use). The decal's varnish is somewhat yellowed, but could be renewed and there are no cracks or breaks. Send me your address via e-mail that I'll mail it to you. At the very least, you could use the sheet to make a new set.

-- John Braungart

Reply to
Old Timer