Looking for ideas for model display cabinet

OK,

I am in the final stages of remodeling the game room area. I have an area set up to build but I have a corner about 3 foot by 4 foot with normal ceiling height to put some kind of display area for built models. My first thought was to go down to the local furniture outlet and look for some kind of glass curio cabinet but I was wondering if anyone had other / better ideas........

Reply to
unimodeler

I found mine at a strip mall store that was recently bought and remodeled. Try the malls or other shopping areas around your location. Gunner...

Reply to
Dick

Built mine, 3/4 inch plywood back, top and bottom with 1 X 4 poplar rails. Grooved for 1/8 plexi to see through and shelves made from 1/4 plexi with a 1 X 2 trim. Cost me less than $150 and took about 3 days to build, working in the evenings. Only tools you'll need are a nailer, skill saw and someone with a table saw to groove the rails.

Cheers,

Tom

Dick wrote:

Reply to