Markings of Sopwth Camel of a USN WWI ace

Hi All

I'm looking for references for the paint scheme of Sopwith Camels from 213 Sqn RFC in September 1918. Especially those flown by Lt JG David S. Ingalls who was the only USN ace in WWI I'm pretty convinced they were painted in standard RFC colours, but did they carry any special markings? If so what did these look like?

Aside from this; which is the best kit of the Sopwith Camel in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32?

Hope some of you can help.

Sincerely

Lars Seifert-Thorsen Editor, IPMS-Denmark

Reply to
Lars Seifert-Thorsen

1/72 - wait for Roden, September I think
1/48 - wait for Eduard, next month, look at the pics of the kit at
and bow to the masters 1/28 - Monogram 1/32 - Hobbycraft, I think

Shane

Reply to
Shane Weier