MD-80 Landing Gear/Wheel Well Colors?

I'm starting the Minicraft American Airlines MD-80. The instructions call for painting the landing gear struts and wheel wells aluminum but this doesn't seem right to me. As near as I can tell, the gear struts might be light gray and the wheel wells and landing gear door interiors, white or light gray. Anyone have any definitive information?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Definitely light grey (or gray, depending on which side of the border you are) with lots of brake dust and skydrol stains :)

Reply to
Jeff C

they start out a medium shade of gloss grey, and by the time a year of use rolls around, they are superdark brown/black on the lower end by the brakes, and get a bit cleaner up near the top, but with all the grease and skydrol collecting all that brake dust crap, the insides are generally a very similar color. Oh, wait! thats the color embedded in my hands from working on em!:-)

David

Reply to
D. Campbell