Medeaval 1:72 figures

I have a somewhat different need- medeaval seamen in 1:72 scale. I know of many sources of 1:72 figures, but all with much later dress. The "shirts" need to be tucked in (no jacket) and the biggest thing is the figures wear a hood-like hat that comes down over the shoulders. I could do that myself, but if anyone knows of a source of medeaval soldiers or figures in 1:72, I'd like to find them so I don't have to do the mods myself.

I am building the Zvesda "Hansa Cog".

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Any of these any good?

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather

snipped-for-privacy@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...

They might. It would take a bit of shaping, but not as much as with more modern figures.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Have your considered the older Airfix "Robin Hood" figures?

Reply to
The Old Man

No! I was not even aware of them. I bet they would be about perfect! Are there many around circulating?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Don Stauffer wrote

If you don't mind pre-used and possibly slightly pre-converted, I'm fairly sure I've got a bunch of them. You're wanting them to be crewing the cog rather than fighting off boarders, right? (I suspect a number lost their longbows...)

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

These ships were small and did not carry a large crew. The box art shows four figures on deck- I suspect that is about right.

Actually, the Hansa cogs were sort of armed, like the British and French East India companies. This international cartel had to keep the national governments in check, and actually were a pretty potent fighting force. But there were no guns, and the spears, swords and bows were not ordinarily visible. There were shields hung on sides, and provided in kit. I intend to model the ship as in normal sailing, so do not need weapons. One or two that should be pulling on a line, the rest can just be standing around.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Sounds like our DOT crews. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.