Microscale System on Hase/Tam decals?

Just wondering if the Microscale System (i.e. MicroSet & MicroSol) works with Hasegawa and Tamiya decals? I usually use Mr. Mark Softener but thought I might give Microscale a try.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

The Collector offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

It seems to work satisfactorily. I've never had any problems with it.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

It's always wise to experiment with a decal off the sheet that you don't need, even if you you've got experience with the hasegawa or tamiya decal sheets in general. They aren't all the same and may react differently.

I've heard of Tamiya decals even bubbling with solvent, but I'd never seen that myself. Then red Hasegawa decals fading to white/pink under solvent. Again, something I've been fortunate to escape.

Better safe than sorry, especially when 99% of the model is complete!

My progression, when using solvents, from weakest to strongest:

1) microset 2) microsol 3) mr softener 4) solvaset 5) supersol (microscale product)

Of course, any of these can be diluted with plain old water, and I routinely use a wet Q-tip (baby bud, if you prefer) to roll bubbles and liquid out from under the decal.

--- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni