military figurines question

I have a good friend in Europe that is looking for a *good* source for
military
figurines. He is currently reading Shelby Foote's American Civil War
trilogy and I believe he would like to scale model some ACW figures.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Bill Brown -o-
Marron el rojinegro
Si me quieres escribir,
Ya sabes me paradero!...
Reply to
Bill Brown
If you're looking for some good sources to buy from, I can recommend two based on my experiences. First is Squadron. They carry a good variety of Civil War figures mostly in 54mm scale, but also in some others to suit your friends taste. The website is

My other suggestion is Michigan Toy Soldier. I've never seen such an extensive selection, and the name says it all...even though they carry much more than just figures. I think their website is
but if I'm wrong simply type "Michigan Toy Soldier" into the search engine and you'll get there. Both of these companies ship worldwide. Best of luck!
Randy IPMS Houston IPMS USA newbie
We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?
Reply to
Randy Pavatte
I was an early Historex customer (circa 1968). I know they were talking about covering the Civil War back then but did they actually get around to doing it?
(kim)
Reply to
kim
One of the best that I ever saw was: Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers 200 Steinwehr Avenue Gettysburg PA 17325 Phone is 717-338 -1800 Email: snipped-for-privacy@supernet.com Website:

I was there a few years ago. They have every kind of Civil War soldier (and an awful lot of hardware like tents, campfires, artillary, horses, etc.) that you can think of, as well as soldiers from other conflicts (Spartacus figures from the Roman Servile Wars come to mind). Maybe Bill B. can tell us if they're still around. Regards,
Reply to
The Old Man
I have attempted to contact them, but they do *not* answer the telephone (12:30PM EST).. I called the Gettysburg Convention Bureau and they are still in the 2006 telephone directory on Steinwehr at that telephone number... Maybe they were out to lunch. No luck at the web site, either... Perhaps they'll respond to this email which I have "Cc-ed" to them... Sú amigo en Meechigan, Puerto Orina... Bill Brown -o- Marron el rojinegro Si me quieres escribir, Ya sabes me paradero!...
Reply to
Bill Brown
Dragon made a couple sets of 1/35 scale ACW figures. I know a friend of mine has some in stock. His web address is
If he doesn't have them listed in the catalog, feel free to send him an e-mail about them.
Reply to
RobG
Nothing beats the gorgeous (and extensive) line of 54mm castings by Shenandoah Miniatures (I can not believe no one else here has mentioned them). Produced by Paul Clarke of Australia, they are readily available everywhere, including Europe. They put everything else, to shame.
The best U.S.A. source for miniatures:
(Shenandoah page)
Reply to
Greg Heilers