Model Expo airbrush "deal"?

The latest Model Expo emailing includes a double-action airbrush set for

34.95, which is half the initial already discounted price. Information on the airbrush can be found at:
Copy and paste the item number YWABR30010 in the "Find it" box. I called Model Expo and asked what brand this is. The salesperson was unsure, and thought that the airbrushes might be made in Taiwan for Model Expo. It looks a lot like a Badger, although the picture doesn't provide a lot of information.

What's your opinion about ordering this airbrush? (model expo has a 30 day no questions asked return guarantee).Does anyone already own this airbrush, and if so, what's your opinion about its value?

Thanks,

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Lee,

This brush looks like the unit made by Central Pneumatic. It's one of the main airbrushes that Harbor Freight sells, the major US distributor for Central's products. It looks very much like the Badger on the outside but that's where the similarity stops. It is a fairly cheaply made Taiwan product and is impossible to get parts for it. It's lifespan is short. I have a few buddies that bought it for kicks from Harbor Freight and none of them had anything good to say about it. Spend a few bucks more and get a quality unit. Of course if you absolutely have to have one of these knock-offs, you can get them cheaper on e-Bay. There are always a couple of dozen vendors selling this same brush at a cheaper price than Model Expo. Hope this helps.

Mike

Lee wrote:

Reply to
MGlantzMN

Yes, thanks, that helps alot. I was thinking about picking up a couple to put in our club raffle at our next contest. But it sounds like it would be a waste of $$, even at 35.00.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Heck if it is the same one that Harbor sells they have them for 10 bucks. I bought a couple from Harbor when they had a sale on them for 4.99. I paid

4.99 too much because they really are not quality items. IMO>

Cheers, Max Bryant

waste of $$, even at 35.00.

information.

Reply to