Model of car engine in 1:24?

I just bought a car kit that has a separate bonnet, but no engine detailing. I'd like to add an engine, but the only ones I've found are American V8s, and that's not quite what I'm looking for (the car is a Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR, so I need a four-cylinder, SOHC). Are there any sources for this sort of aftermarket details?

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Sorry, I've never heard of such after market engines.

Your cheapest solution is to buy a plastic model kit with a suitable engine, to act as a donor for your current project.

Or you can try scratchbuilding it, then why don't you cast some resin copies and start a business on your own? If it seems there are no aftermarket engines of that kind, you have a huge market! :)

R.

Reply to
Riccardo C.

The leftover kit could be used in a diorama, maybe a wrecking yard w/o an engine or being towed by another, anything where an engine would not be a necessity for it to look well.

Reply to
Grandpa