More eBay madness.

...oddly enough, I also have one of the M8B kits from Accurate Miniatures staring at me from my stash - the Motschenbacher liveried one. I bought it because that was all that was left, but I planned to build it as a McLaren car figuring I could get some decals...somewhere.

What I'm looking for is one of the Mk8D kits. My personal fav of the Can-Am types.

Reply to
Rufus

snipped-for-privacy@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...

When I got the wife and we had the kids, serious model buying runs became a thing of the past in a hurry. Before they came into my life, I'd spend a Saturday going to various locations on a one-tank trip around my home and scout out hobby shops, books stores, mom 'n' pop general stores and smaller department stores. Afterwards, it was Little League, Scouts, school projects, plays and meetings. It was only after the Internet that I was able to find some of the real old kits that I wanted to build without traveling all over to find them. But I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything!

Reply to
The Old Man

What can I say? Right place, right time. Still wish that Northside Hobbies (in Tonawanda NY) was still in business, he had some of the damnedest stuff come in and he always seemed to sell for a reasonable price.

Reply to
The Old Man

...best deal I ever found was a 1/35 Tamiya 88mm Flak Gun at a K-mart for $5. Loooong time ago. I already had two, but - *$5*?!?!?!!!

Also got a Badger 200 airbrush for $20 at a shop that was going OOB as I was moving out of town once...still haven't built or used either one!

Reply to
Rufus

"The Old Man" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@n10g2000yqf.googlegroups.com...

Just like the rest of us ;-)