Need feedback on USCG Jayhawk Conversion

Hello all!

I am converting the 1/35 Pavlow kit to a Jayhawk. This Academy kit is very disappointing in the fit dept. I was surprised, the Kiowa and the Cobra were pleasant to build.

The changes I made are:

  1. Filled in gunner's doors to match photos of real bird. Simple to correct.

  1. Moving landing gear to correct position aft of cabin. Easy to correct.

  2. Interior is not even close except for cockpit. I will tint the glass so interior is not visible. Easy to do. I wish that someone would do a resin rescue gear detail set.

  1. Hover IR suppression area aft of turbine bulkhead was cut off. This is a major structural difference. Will kitbash/scratchbuild turbine.

The feedback I need is what to do with the Exhaust portion? I can either vacuform a replica exterior panel or scratchbuild the interior portion with sheet styrene. I think since the turbine section is open already a simple bulkhead or bay would suffice.

Does anyone have photos of the guts/interior of the turbine area?

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Dan Rutman

Dan Rutman