Ohka Bomb model?

Mike West, the owner of Lone Star Models, produces -- or did produce, at least -- a nice resin kit of the MXY7 Ohka 11 in 1/32 scale. Perhaps someone else can provide Mike's current e-mail address.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

last one I ever saw was the one that came with the Hasegawa? 1/72 Betty back in the early 1970's.

that would be a cool 1/32 or 1/24 kit..

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Yes a double set that included a slightly innacurate V-1. These had the neat little feature of having clear red/neon pink molded flames you could simulate the exhausts with. Several years ago I started to detail and accurize the Ohka in this set. Nothing that a modeler couldn't do in a few hours time. The cockpit is bare so whatever you add is going to make an improvement. The only problem is the tabs for the wings are sticking into the cockpit. I ground the stubs down with a dremel and puttied over it with something I never tried before. plumbers epoxy. I discovered the epoxy dried hard as steel and was almost impossible to hand sand. Out came the dremel again. Well about this time we sold our house and I packed everything away, and to this day I cannot find that freakin Ohka model, and I know it did not get left behind! I used the old Aero publications book for reference photos.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

There are ten 1/72 scale models of the Ohka as a jet, rocket and glider.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Has anyone ever seen the 1/72 Hasegawa Ohka boxed as a seperate kit?

I have heard rumors of such a kit for years, but never a kit number, box art or anything solid.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Accu Scale did 2 different ones and also Lone Star Models have/had one on their programme, all in 1:32 scale.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

that would be a very cool kit. isn't there a late model betty out there?

Plain white box with Kugisho MXY& OHKA-11 glued on front. Decal sheet and instructions carry the date "1987.10"

Reply to
Jarold Young

Max, have you ever FINISHED a model? Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

In 1/72 Lindberg had a later model than the Hasegawa kit but it's been OOP for some time, I think. As to other scales, I can't say.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i see the betty on eekbay. looks like it would need a lot of detailing.

Yeah, IIRC Hasegawa's latest line include a few late Bettys with a new Ohka in one of the offerings. FWIW the old Betty/Ohka combo was a model 11 which isn't correct for the combo. The old Betty number is NP3; the newer ones are CP series. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

Nope! For some reason I get distracted, bored, sidetracked, honeydewed, etc. Then when I do get some time my fire for a project is gone so out comes something new. I have alot of models that just need painting to be done. I have been in my new house for 5 years and my hobby room is not built, and I have my paint booth in storage over the garage! We did all of the additions ourselves so for years my model project has been the 1:1 house. Most all of my stuff is still packed in boxes, from the move. If I model it is on the dining room table when it is not being used for meals, homework, etc. In my old house I had a sweet hobby room and would spend hours on my nights off modeling and watching tv. My paint area in the basement was sweet too. Seems I left that and my desire back at the old house :-(.. Then of course I got the internet and spend alot of valuable time here that could be spent model building. I am trying to not spend as much time surfing the web and trying to re-ignite my modeling spark.

The last time I finished a model was hmm lets see. OHMIGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Max

Reply to
Max Bryant

lemme guess, hlj?

with all the sexy new kits and access out there, my only linitation is money. and now that the rent is going up, i may never build again.

Now that Jerry Young has found the boxed Ohka kit and has provided number, etc., can anyone verify that the newer Betty has a new Ohka, or the same as before?

Is the new one an 11, or a different variant?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sounds like you need a tent....;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

all i need is an affordable place to live. i'm a good tennant, fix minor stuff myself, paint, take care of a place and actually leave places in better shape then when i move in. but does any landlord care? nope. never mind all that and being a long term tennant, they want more money and screw people on fixed income. this is really depressing....

I feel your pain!

Lots of fun but not quite modeling.

Maybe tomorrow... Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

I think I've got one in one of the buildings here at the Crapatorium, I'll have to check. Hasegawa has several late (22/24) Bettys in their new series. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper