Opinions please - LionRoar PE for Academy Hornet

Getting ready to build my Hornet - I keep seeing the LionRoar PE set on eBay, typically with few or no bidders. What I haven't found are any reviews - what is the general consensus?

Many thanks, Randy

Reply to
Randy Millar

I was at a show a few months ago and saw a PE set for the Hornet (the 1/32nd one) but cannot remember the name of the company. It was brass and looked fairly complete. The next time you see it on ebay, could you forward me the link as I'd like to look at it myself.

Reply to
BrwnSkinDom

Here's a link for a look-see:

Not sure I'd bother - some of the replacement parts might look a bit too thin in etch; particularly the LEX fences and antennae array on the nose. I'd prefer to use the kit parts, and/or scratch build the nose blades from sheet sterene. And I definately would not use the etched parts for hte formation lights, as they should be flush with the surface.

Over all, I guess I'm saying that this is one etch set I'd pass on. Check out the offerings from Eduard - they seem more appropriate.

Reply to
Rufus