OT: 1/18 F-14 Tomcat - Prebuilt

damn, I got about a dozen 1/18 planes hanging around the place, but this one is gonna be a good

40 inches long. And that makes it a must have !!!

Craig

Musicman59

Hummph. Back when my son was about ten (he's 32 now) he had a G.I. Joe Tomcat in close to that scale (1:24?). Last I saw it was in the attic, if he didn't toss it. I salvaged the figure to make an astronaut/space- fighter pilot.....

Reply to
The Old Man

...hope they get that landing gear issue sorted out.

Then I'll have to have one myself...

Reply to
Rufus

you have room to display a 40 inch long aircraft wheels down? gonna hang mine from the garage ceiling...

Reply to
Musicman59

The Old Man wrote in news:b8d0a7bc-1b9d-4233-a79f- snipped-for-privacy@r31g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

Just scanned Esci's instructions for the 1/12th scale F-16 cockpit. I was thinking that one could set a GI Joe or 'Ken' in the seat for effect. The bone dome is included.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...I just put a 55" flat panel TV in my living room tonight...I'll MAKE room!

More than likely I'll put it above my desk at work...just to get on folks nerves. Wish they'd do an Su-27 and/or Mig 29...

Reply to
Rufus

I have one of those...I always just wanted to do the ejection seat on a stand, and put it under a glass clock dome with a placard saying - "In Case of Emergency"...now that's a desk ornament!

Reply to
Rufus

9f-

someone in the office furniture world should design a desk chair to look like an ejection seat...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Well, GI Joe & Ken are basically 1/6 scale, so if you could get one in there, they'd be twice the scale. A Major Matt Mason, OTOH, should be about right.

-

Reply to
frank

on 6/11/2009 11:18 PM (ET) Mad-Modeller wrote the following:

1/12 is Dollhouse scale. A 6' man would be 6" tall. Do you have the 6" doll?
Reply to
willshak

Will an actual B-52 seat suffice?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I've seen a few folks but surplus bang-seats in cars or vans...

...there's a local guy that has a pickup with a metal Tomahawk model as a hood ornament.

Reply to
Rufus

frank wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o5g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

Oops!

I am a little too old to have had a Joe and Ken wasn't an acceptable toy for a boy back then. I remember when one of the younger kids got a Joe and he was going on and on about his newest toy. One of our other regulars looked at him and said, "But Gary, it's a DOLL". Sure made Gary angry. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

on 6/12/2009 10:59 PM (ET) Mad-Modeller wrote the following:

You never had daughters then?

Reply to
willshak

That's the easy bit. They're doing 1/18th scale carrier next! :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

...dock it in the pool for a dio?