OT / Battle of Midway 65 years ago today

Hats off to the vets who began the 3 day battle that changed the course of World War II 65 years ago today.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

i wonder how many vets are left. amazed me that there are 10 ww1 vets.

Reply to
someone

Wow, I can recall sitting in study hall reading the new book that had come into the library. That was an eye-opening tome on the subject. Alas, I can't remember the author.

We're 2 days off D-day at Normandy, too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Shattered Sword", by Marshall and Tully, ISBN #1-57488-923-0

Reply to
Bill Shuey

What year was it published? I'm thinking of 1964.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

FWIW "Shattered Sword" was a 2006 publication. You were probably thinking of Walter Lord's "Midway, the Battle thet Doomed Japan" or the earlier work by Martin Caiden, Masatake Okumiya and Mitsuo Fuchida.

Bill shuey

Reply to
Bill Shuey

the ballentine series books has one that's surprisingly good.

Reply to
someone