OT: Combat tv show on DVD

two DVD sets are out now, below is the link to the first one.

all we need now is 12 o'clock High and Rat Patrol

Craig

Craig

One of the cable channels has been showing "Gallant Men" occasionally. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered both sets............I never have seen these, well a bit here and there. Maybe 3 episodes from start to finish. We lived out in the country and reception for the tube was bad. The first time I ever saw it was while visiting a friend's house in 1974-5 and the other shows I caught bits of while vacationing in Vancouver BC. So, I'm really looking forward to watching these.

I don't think I'd buy the RAT PATROL episodes if they came available though. I remember them as a kid being really awesome..........then TNT ran them late night and weekends for awhile and it was all I could do to get through an episode, man the stories were weak. Nice opening stuff though, jeeps flying etc.

Reply to
Steve Faxon

Actually, the principle thing "Rat Patrol" is remembered for is that it gave American audiences their first glimpse of actor Hans Gudegast, who is now best known as Victor, the star of one of TV's longest running soap operas.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I chiefly remember him as making trouble for everyone from Matt Dillon, Jim Phelps and Sgt Saunders to Cornelius the ape and just about every other TV and B-film star from the 60s and 70s.

WmB

WmB

When I was a kid I used to watch 'Combat' and was always perplexed as to why the big guy 'Little John' just carried a rifle and the BAR man was one of the smallest men in the squad. So I asked my dad about this to which he laughed and then replied: " If you ever find yourself in Uncle Sam's Army..you will discover the three ways to do something: The Right Way, The Wrong Way and the Army's Way... and what you're asking about is a classic case of the Army's Way of solving problems." Little did I know that six years later I would find my father's statement to be SO true! Although I enjoyed the show as a child, I have no desire to watch it again. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Y&R only started in '73. I still tend to think of it as a new show. My mother listened to "Guiding Light" when it was on the radio. I still remember that organ played for plot emphasis. No I don't bother with any of them anymore. I lost interest in Y&R when the 4 daughters of the newspaper owner were written out of the show. That was around the same time that David Hasselhoff left the show to drive a talking car. Ye gads, the crap that fills my mind!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

You've never watched "Passions"??????

The Old Timer

My daughter was a DOOL fan over summer. She said it was the only show where folks weren't hopping in and out of beds all the time. I can't say as I never watched it myself. There are a few daytime females that might look good in bed but I don't need to get hooked on soaps again.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Nope. I think my daughter-in-law watches that, unless there is a Phillies game on. She enjoys bellowing at the screen. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Passions", hell; ever watch "Dark Shadows"? *There* was fright at it's most refined!

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

I always preferred "Night Stalker". Darren McGaven was a hoot.

The Old Timer

Does anybody know if the guy ob "Dark Shadows" that played Barnabus Collins is the same actor who played the butler on "The Nanny"?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

No ,he is not the same.

Reply to
Ajsandusky

Oh good lord no... not even remotely close. And I agree with the poster that tagged Dark Shadows as frighteneing. It used to come on in the afternoons about the time I got home from school and I could not watch it. Scarred the bajeezus out of me. Being the youngest of six kids, of course you know the older brutes controlled the old b&w Zenith on the TV tray.

Imagine the culture shock (pleasant culture shock) when Gilligan's Island came on right after it. It was literally like walking out of a foggy graveyard and into the light. ;-)

And while I'm thinking of it... Mary Ann... Mary Ann... Mary Ann

WmB

WmB

Barnabus = Jonathan Frid I never watched the Nanny so I have no idea who that was. You could actually stand that laugh of hers?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just caught the first minute of The Nanny.

The butler is Daniel Davis.

Thanks, guys.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

One of my "baby"-sitters was a Soap addict and we (my sister and I) used to watch it with her while we all munched doughnuts or bagels and cheese. It was the *ONLY* Soap that didn't bore me to death. (*Scared* me to death, yes; bored me to death, no...)

-- Edwin

(Remove "DIESPAMDIE!")

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid."

- Captain Jack Sparrow (Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Was that a "Troma" production? If you have ever seen "Class of Nuke-em High Part 2"....note the main girl in the film (Leesa Rowland). I went to high school with her. (She was one of those "drama-class" types....and I always knew this was the genre she would end up in...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers