OT: Flight of the Phoenix Remake Out in October

There's a great pair of pictures from the original shoot. To commemorate the end of filming or some such thing the whole cast lined up at the top of a sand dune and pissed into the desert. (Back view, of course). The second shows them coming back down, all with the satisfaction of a job well doen on their faces.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

I've heard that all C-119s are crashes waiting to happen. ;)

Reply to
frank may

I can't believe no one mentioned "Strategic Air Command"! BTW, they are using a C-119. Air Classics magazine had an article about the movie a while back. I wonder what the new version of the Phoenix is built from & how well it flies. Or maybe it's CG.

Reply to
frank may

a teenager...I am in my 50s now. Its about the prisoner that invented the M1 Carbine..right? Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Glasses and a cigar ought to do it?

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

At this point, you're probably right--they've got to be time-expired. It does raise an interesing question of what sort of non-combat attrition they suffered in service, and how it might compare with the C-123 and C-130, the other major medium-lift transports of the same era.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

that be the one, I have it on tape, would love to get it on DVD

Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

put on some make up.

Reply to
domjaime

Yep, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be 'the' M1. It has been awhile since last I saw it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think my brother-in-law would agree with you. He used to fly them in the Pa Air Guard, late '50s - early '60s. He has such a bad back he can hardly walk and it is supposed to be related to the flying. I just don't have many details.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Take off some makeup?

WinBear

Reply to
WinBear (Bob Horton)

IIRC we have someone on this newsgroup who used to fly the AC-119 in Viet Nam.

Hugh?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Saw a bunch of transports at Davis-Monthan getting butchered; truly a waste. The plane in "Phoenix" is a C-82; anyone seen one of those flying lately? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

No, but today I got to see an An-2 in flight. I had the damnedest time trying to figure what was coming over until it got abreast of me. It's airshow weekend so I might see anything in the next few days.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

if you see a bimbo on a broom, shoot! that's my ex and i offer a full twenty five cent reward. 10 bucks for the broom.

Reply to
uff

Uff replied to Bill B's comments about the upcoming airshow and transient aircraft:

My ex rides a Hoover Vac, no common brooms for her! She did buy my first airbrush and compressor for me, long years ago, sure miss that old Binks.

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

mine left me all the rough trade 45's and some early hippy comps i sold for real money. and a distrust of girls from worcester.

Reply to
uff

I'm beginning to see how much nicer my ex- looks compared to you guys'. Mine's no witch, just an analyst, as in, EVERYTHING must be analysed.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Jeeze, guys! I must be amongst the luckiest ones here. Haven't heard from my ex in years.

Actually we had a pretty good divorce, after the emotional turmoil wore off.

Certainly traded up. :-)

I didn't even gloat when her "old man" went bankrupt. Really, I didn't. I swear. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72