OT: Flight of the Phoenix Remake Out in October

seems the C-119 has crashed again.
no trailer yet.
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id 08404050&intl=us

Craig

This should reignite the "Is it a C-82 or a C-119?" thread again. Looks like they're using a C119 for the new movie. God, I loved the old one! I generally don't care much for remakes, but I'll give this one a look. To see the original Phoenix: http://stripe.colorado.edu/~steinerd/Phoenix.html
Doug Wagner

So they changed the location from North Africa to Mongolia, probably so as not to offend our Islamic bretheren. Is there any oil in the Gobi?

not
Dang John that's one of all time favorite movies? I can imagine the new one will be like listening to Beatles music done by somebody else. Like they say old buddy...'they just can't make'um like they used too' I will go see it, but I aien't buying the popcorn. :-) Mike IPMS

if i get depressed, i'll borrow it from the library.

I have a copy down in my basement library of vids. Copied at LP speed, two movies (generally) per tape. When I got my first VHS system, I tried to get every major movie done by Jimmy Stewart (my favorite actor), got a lot of them. My favorites are "How The West Was Won", "Flight of the Phoenix", "The Mortal Storm" (great propaganda piece with Stewart as a Bavarian farmer and Ward Bond as a Brown Shirt!) and of course "It's a Wonderful Life".
The Old Timer wrote:

Don't forget "Shenandoah". For a typical Hollywood production of its era, it did a surprisingly good job on the Confederate uniforms: dirty, grungy, and with the prevalent "butternut-ish" shift of the gray.
However, we shall all forget about, and never speak again of, Mr. Sterart's 1970's family sitcom, "The Jimmy Stewart Show"...lol
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - Slackware 9.1

i meant the new one...
The Old Timer wrote:

I always liked "Winchester '73", "The Far Country" and "Bend of the River". I just recently got to see "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". I wish we had such a feeling for our country now...
Bill Banaszak, MFE
You all forgot Carbine Williams
I can't believe no one mentioned "Strategic Air Command"! BTW, they are using a C-119. Air Classics magazine had an article about the movie a while back. I wonder what the new version of the Phoenix is built from & how well it flies. Or maybe it's CG.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comdiespam (N329DF) wrote in message

a teenager...I am in my 50s now. Its about the prisoner that invented the M1 Carbine..right? Mike IPMS

that be the one, I have it on tape, would love to get it on DVD
Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA
Mike Keown wrote:

Yep, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be 'the' M1. It has been awhile since last I saw it.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

And "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"--John Wayne AND Jimmy Stewart. Were there any toehr movies that had them both?
Mark Schynert
Mark Schynert wrote:

A movie database says "The Shootist" and "How the West Was Won" (but that one had everybody).
There weren't many actors who could switch between those and "The Philadelphia Story" with Katherine Hepburn, or playing Glenn Miller.
--
-Jack

Mike Keown wrote:

Someone must have money to waste. Why bother to re-make something so well done in the first place? I heard tonight that they have a re-make planned for "Oh God!" and with Ellen Degeneres as God? Jeesh!!!
Bill Banaszak, MFE

How they gonna get her to look like George Burns?
Mark Schynert

Glasses and a cigar ought to do it?
Rick

put on some make up.