OT: For Those Who Collect Things....

was at my local Target and took my usual tour of the Hot Wheel aisle. Mattel is now packaging special, mystery cars with dark, opaque blisters on the card so you cannot tell what car is inside. What a way to unload all the poor selling inventory. The hard core Hot Wheel collectors would never dream of opening it up to see what is inside. I guess there is one born every minute.

Imagine Trumpeter doing that and charging their usual $100.....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

That sales tactic is just like baseball cards. They hide short printed chase cards in packs some worth hundreds of dollars. A box of baseball cards with 18 to 24 packs costs as much as $200. There are those who will plunk down the $200, open all the packs and hope they are lucky enough to pull one of those valuable chase cards. It is legalized gambling nothing more, and most everyone who plays the game looses their money.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

or your local dug dealer. ok, for ten bucks you get this sealed bad. is it pot, speed, heroin, coke? what are you doing tonight? first one's free kid......

Reply to
someone

When you think about it, in their own way they do.

flak monkey

That's where a friendly dentist with an X-ray machine comes in handy. :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.