OT: Modern Marvels on History, Monday Night

According to our local paper the show was taped at the Strasburg Railroad back in January. If you also get TLC there's a show dealing with the Pa. Railroad Museum, also on Monday.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

My girlfriend and I went to strasburg a few months ago.It was at least

10 degrees colder inside that building the out! It made it hard to concentrate on the trains with our teeth chattering...
Reply to
eyeball

Mad-Modeller wrote: : According to our local paper the show was taped at the Strasburg : Railroad back in January. : Interesting. I noticed the not very descripting title, and decided it was an earlier show being repeated. Problem I have with Strasburg is that it is mostly ex-Canadian equipment, even if it is a National Park... : : If you also get TLC there's a show dealing with the Pa. Railroad : Museum, also on Monday. : I'll need to look for that, even if I am not a Pensy fan.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

You're thinking of Steamtown which is located in Scranton, Pa. Whatever the origins of the equipment I'm glad it still exists and is taken care of.

They have a few items from elsewhere. One is the former military railroad RSD diesel. Last time I saw it, it was painted in Alaska RR colours. IIRC, they also have Lehigh Valley's #40 RDC and an NKP Berkshire.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller