OT NM time zone

Am i correct in thinking its 8 hours (same as CA) behind GMT? ta

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Mike G.

Reply to
John DeBoo

i'll do it tomorrow, it seems like a pretty good idea today.

-wall of voodoo.

Californiia is 18 hours IN FRONT of GMT, thank you very much--though I'm sure Texas is behind the times.

snidely,

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Mark whiplashed the group with:

Riiight! But Tejas has cheaper taxes, car tags and gas. Tejas sent most of her politiciains to Washington, California still has hers, plus all the stars in Hollywood.

Rick Oh crap I forgot we get Gephardt back in MO! Damn, double Damn!

Reply to
OXMORON1

thanks

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Well Mark, to each his own. But I have a pen pal in Wales and when I get an email it always says as a time stamp "-6:00 GMT" so there, that was what I was going by. And when we talk on the phone I asked her what the time is there and if it is 9:00PM Thursday she replies its 3:00AM Friday morning. So lets see....9:00PM Thursday here...puts you at 7:00PM Thursday there....hmmmm looks like your the one behind the times!

in

Reply to
Mike G.

Nah, ouot here we have 26 hour days, which can count in either direction to make things balance out, just like our last two governors.

Snidely and inaccurately,

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

But, in the morning you wake up and you're still................

Never mind.

Same thing, sometimes. Reagan, love him or hate him, did change things n Sacto. Arnold has yet to do more than reverse the alien drivers license fiasco and borrow billions of $ to pass the budget, the same thing that his idiot predecessor did.

He is a big disappointment, to say the least.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

No Julian, New Mexico is on Mountain time, which is -7hrs. We here in the Midwest are Central time at -6, Eastern seaboard is -5, the left coast (Hollyweird) is -8. But, regardless of your time zone, in the words of Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet, "It's 5:00 somewhere!"

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

when i dove cab, it was alway 3 oclock. euther going to work or at and after hours bar. about ten of use made a running joke of always 3 oclock.

thanks, i wasnt sure how far south-west was NM, knew roughly where it is but not the time zone, we dont get there here.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

We're situated between Arizona to our west, Texas to our east (incl the western tip of the Oklahoma panhandle), Colorado to our north and Texas & Mexico to our south.

John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Ah, but he got you guys out of the news! Actually he was going in to a really bad situation. That he hasn't made it much worse is to his credit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

speaking as an interested observer

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

At least you know where it is. I've heard of the postal employee that told a customer that they didn't ship to foreign countries like New Mexico.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And contrary to the accepted wisdom, crossing the Rio Grande won't get you out of the states. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

he seems to have gone down for the third time on local news. ain't heard a peep.