OT: Old coloring books, aircraft as subjects Q.

Anyone around here collect old coloring books by chance? The reason I'm asking is back in the early '70s, not long after my dad started flying & therefore got my aviation interests going, I remember buying an aircraft coloring book. ISTR kind of a history of aviation book, but in addition to being a coloring book, it had a sticker (like a stamp, you know, lick 'em & stick 'em) for each a/c, maybe an inch or so square. One scene depicted I specifically recall, was a scene showing a B-47 being intercepted by at least a couple of MiG-15s. Occasionally I'll look on eBay & find one that looks like a candidate, but so far I've not found it. I'd venture to say it was from Whitman, but I coldn't swear to that. I did, last summer, after a couple of years of searching, find an old Munsters coloring book, just like one I had as a kid & all I remembered of it was a page with Herman in a knight's armor. The seller verified it & I bid & won it. Strange the certain specific things I remember from 35 - 40 years ago, yet couldn't tell you what I had for lunch yesterday!

Reply to
frank

Don't recall anything from the '70s but I had one in the early '50s that made a lasting if fuzzy impression on me. The cover had a red background with several coloured illustrations on the cover that were repeated on the back. I've never seen anything like it since.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I remember these too. I had a couple (Middle Ages and Astronomy) back around 1957 and I'd love to see them again.

Reply to
The Old Man

I've recently come into posession of some coloring books from the

1880's, but am unsure about how much (if anything) they are worth. If any of you guys know anything about the subject, I'd love your input.
Reply to
brendanpatricklane