OT: Oldest still in service aircraft??

Guessing that the B-52 is #1.
anyone want to mess around with a list of what comes next?
Craig

I would think the T-37 would be close... At least in the USA
Jack G.

Woops - didn't realize the Tweet was finally retired from all active training roles. Does anybody know if any are still on an active roster somewhere?
Jack G.

Regards
Pat Macguire
Am 1 Apr 2006 20:27:14 -0800 schrieb " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net":

If you only count aircraft still in original commission and only US military ones, you should be right. Otherwise I would guess, that (I do _not_ count museal pieces) somewhere a couple of C47/DC3s or other WW2 vintage might be in service until today...
cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)
--
"Abusus non tollit usum" - Latin: Abuse is no argument against proper use.

mailto: snipped-for-privacy@zili.de http://zili.de
Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker (zili@home) wrote:

The SAAF is still flying turbo-prop C-47s.
http://www.scramble.nl/za.htm
Cheers,
1st Canberra?

i believe there are still c-47's in service.

Tiger Moth ?
It's still used to teach people how to fly unless you mean in military service, that is.
Richard.
--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a

The RAF is still flying some Canberra PR9s and T4s that are over 40 years old.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Doesn't the RAN (UK) still have a Swordfish on it's register?
--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3

http://www.royalnavyhistoricflight.org.uk /
Jimi
Jessie C wrote:

I think it's still the FAA (Fleet Air Arm) but I could be out of date.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Oops, I meant to type RN or whatever.

Yup, something like that :-)
The Raven offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

More like FAA (Fleet Air Arm). The RNAS was amalgamated with the Royal Flying Corps in 1918 to form the RAF.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Well, the Collings Foundation in the US is flying a B-24J, a B-17G and a B-25. Althought some of the C-47s that are still flying might preceed them.
Aren't there also some DC-3's still flying passengers?
Ed R
Isn't there at least one Ford Tri-motor carrying passengers in Michigan, over Lake Mackinac?
ISTR there are several 1920s civil a/c still flying. In fact, I think there is a restored WWI a/c, not a replica, still running around.

there's a field that has several plus replica's.
e wrote:

Just saw a Piper Super Cub fly out of Smoketown Friday afternoon. Doesn't that date back to the '30s?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.