OT Request

I know that most of you have converted any modeling or aircraft data to comp files. With over 7000 books and magazines contents cataloged onto 4"x6" file cards filed in eighteen index file drawers it would take the rest of my life to transfer it all.

I work comfortably with the cards, but there is a problem. The stationary stores no longer carry the steel index card drawers. I used to get singles for $25, double for $40. Their catalog still has them, but for more than twice the price. I haunt the office surplus stores and even the thrift shops, but no luck so far.

Is there anyone here that has switched over to comp files that has a single or double drawer available that I could buy from you?

TIA,

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Have you checked local libraries? They got rid of a lot of that stuff. Might even be able to pick up an old card catalog.

Reply to
frank

Thanks Frank.I'll give it a try tomorrow.TomOn Jul 29, 2:02=A0am, frank wrote:> On Jul 28, 4:36=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" > wrote:> > > > > > > I know that most of you have converted any modeling or aircraft data> >

to comp files. With over 7000 books and magazines contents cataloged>

with the cards, but there is a problem. The> > stationary stores no longer carry the steel index card drawers. I used> > to get singles for $25, double for $40. Their catalog still has them,> > but for more than twice the price. I haunt the office surplus stores> > and even the thrift shops, but no luck so far.> > > Is there anyone here that has switched over to comp files that has a> > single or double drawer available that I could buy from you?> > > TIA,> > > Tom> > Have you checked local libraries? They got rid of a lot of that stuff.> Might even be able to pick up an old card catalog.- Hide quoted text -> > - Show quoted text -

Reply to
maiesm72