OT set my heart on a new car

Saw one on ebay, now im hooked....not sure what price it will go to, maybe outa my price range but i really want one!!

Its a Munga 4! How cool would that be to drive with a open top in the summer sun, then have the 4x4 for the snow in winter...(do we get either now in the UK?)

Anyone had a Munga????

Reply to
Jules

They do a Munga 4, 6 and 8! Ugly little things but cool too.

Reply to
Jules

Fascinating. I've never heard of them. Looks like a jeep to me. (notice I didn't capitalise the word. Don't need Chrysler-Benz coming after me.) ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (Jules) wrote in :

Haven't had one, but I read an article by an owner a while ago. These are old cars (produced 1954-1968), so be prepared to do lots of maintenance. They have a tiny 2-stroke engine, so they're slow and smelly. They're military-spec, so it may not have door locks or an ignition lock, and may need work before it's road legal.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

Or the offspring of a Ford Mutt mated with a King Midget......

Reply to
The Old Man

Yeah i did a bit of research on the, i should think they would be reliable once sorted, simple things. just set my heart on one, but as let 2 people who wanted my car havent got back to me....bah

Reply to
Jules

Jules check this out ...

<

noddy

thanks, its interesting!

Well i found a place to get genuine matching jerry cans and pick axes should i get one.

Reply to
Jules

Why don't you look for an Austin Gypsy , a friend of mine has a couple and they are sweet . He showed me a site a couple of years ago from England when the Government opened up an underground storage area and auctioned off hundreds of them that had been sitting there since the sixties ready for 'The Big One' but Dr. Who already took care of the problem so they didn't require them anymore . Must be lot's floating around your neck of the woods . heh heh

Noddy

Reply to
noddy

They once were in service with the German army (Bundeswehr) very primitive car like a US Jeep. No safety at all. Have a crash with that one...very dangerous. Furthermore it might turn out to be a problem child regarding functionality, reliability and spare parts. You may have to spent a lot of money AFTER you bought it. Don't buy it, Jules. though I understand you're hooked. I once had a 1964 Mercedes Benz tailfin limousine. Very beautiful and shiny - lots of fun to drive. But you really need money to keep it running. May be little less with the Munga's simple construction but be aware. Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

There a horrible looking thing, dont float my boat at all.....

One the i wanted has just been pulled off ebay by the seller, it had the parachute drop stuff n everything, lots of Dutch ones around tho.

Reply to
Jules

i think they're beautiful! i want one, it would be perfect to tool around the desert to go metal detecting. i know many great places i can't get to with my flight line van. where do i buy one?

eBay? Autotrader? It was used in Germany and the Netherlands, mainly.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

coolness. thanks, hj.

Didn't Doris Day do a song about that car some years ago??

Come munga my house / come munga my house I'm gonna give you everything (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

baliff, whack his pee pee!

thats where i saw them too. I belive there is, or was a US owners club too.

Reply to
Jules

that helps. i will search them out.

A website i came accross said a lot were sent to the US

Jules