OT: software for uploanding pictures

As I promised, I have a photo of my XFM-1 ready to upload. I was going to put it on my web site. I need to FTP it up. But I seem to have lost my copy of WinFTP. When I went to find another copy to download and install, I find it is now for purchase only. Since I only use FTP about once a year, I don't want to pay thirty of forty bucks for such software. I found a trial version of something called SmartFTP, but I am not smart enough to use it :-) It seems to be a real hacker's special.

I am looking for an easy to use, free FTP client. Any suggestions? When I get something installed, I'll upload that pic.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I haven't used Windows since 2001, but don't the current versions still have a built-in ftp client (albeit from the command line)? This may give you enough info on using it:

Greg Heilers

on 10/25/2007 9:58 AM Don Stauffer in Minnesota said the following:

Here is a totally free, open source, ftp program

willshak

There's definitely better ones I haven't discovered, but LeechFTP works fine for me the few times I need to use it. I don't think it's being updated any more however.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Sift through these, and see if one strikes your fancy:

Greg Heilers

That's what I was going to recommend....

T.

Reply to
Tony Gartshore