OT: Song on Commercial (US) Question

e wrote:

Just James himself, IIRC. The Shondells were pretty much gone by then. AFAIK, it was originally his song.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Add pictures here
βœ–

your fave site agrees with you, bill.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in
Snip

Mistery solved. It is "Dragging The Line" by Tommy James.
My Thanks to all
The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.
P.S. Special Thanks to e and WmB
Add pictures here
βœ–

old hippy standard covered by 50+ bands. best tj$s is still the extended crimson and clover with the 4 minute wa wa solo.
Add pictures here
βœ–
e wrote:

Pffffffaw! He didn't mention Lawrence Welk, did he? ;ή
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Add pictures here
βœ–

that is now the forest lawn group. watch out, gramps, even grunge is retro now. if my radio station buds didn't keep me up on the new stuff, i'd be strictly 2001...way out of date.
Add pictures here
βœ–
e wrote:

Oi!
As Tull sang, "You're never too old to rock and roll while you're too young to die!"
    Cheers,         Gary    B-)
βœ–

Not Hardley, I'm 68 years old
The Old Goat Please respond to group. Emale is spam Trap
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in

Gleen Miller all the way ;-)
The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote:

Satchmo! -- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell
My Home Page: http://www.bill-woodier.com/home.htm
Add pictures here
βœ–
Eyeball2002308 wrote:

Spike Jones, of course! "Dinner Music for People Who Aren't Very Hungry" is a classic!
    Cheers,         Gary    B-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
In this particulat commercial it is Sixpence though there are other versions of the song out there.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (wicate) wrote in

While we are on the subject, there is a commercial with a song that I cannot find the Title for. Part of the lyrics are "Getting Around"
Anyone know the name of this song or who recorded it?
Thanks The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is spam trap.
Add pictures here
βœ–

you sure it wasn't hanging around? that would be the stranglers.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in

Could be, I will give that a try.
Thanks e
The Old Goat Please respond to group. Enail is a spam trap.
Add pictures here
βœ–
wicate wrote:

There you go...take your pick:
http://www.gracenote.com/music/search.html?q=There+She+Goes&f=track&xS&y
--
- Rufus

Add pictures here
βœ–

I think it's Sixpence None The Richer, but am not sure. It's a cover of a song by the Las IIRC.
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
βœ–

We are talking about two different commercials if you remember. One was a "pill" commercial and the other was the Mitsubishi commercial. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Keeper wrote:

Not 'a pill', The Pill. Which reminds me of a bumper sticker running around in the mid-'60s. You'd have to know about a deodorant commercila current then to get the full effect.
"Enovid takes the worry out of being close"
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yup, I understood it was The Pill, just didn't know the brand. Haven't seen it yet; what network?
Saw most of the Mitsubishi commercial. Why are they spraying the guys in the orange jumpsuits? What's a Shondell? 8^)
"being close." That was Ban wasn't it? Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Add pictures here
βœ–