OT: Song on Commercial (US) Question

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m13.aol.com:

Gleen Miller all the way ;-)

The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.

Reply to
The Old Goat

Oi!

As Tull sang, "You're never too old to rock and roll while you're too young to die!"

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:9Deld.2854767$yk.446503 @news.easynews.com:

(snip)

I can't remember, age you know, I'm waiting for it to come back on. Will let you know

The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap

Reply to
The Old Goat

Satchmo!

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

I'm surprised Ford got away with that one - the Stones sued McDonnell Douglas over using "get off of my cloud" in an "F/A-18: Rockin' and Rollin'" poster series some years ago. The particular poster was a picture of an F/A-18 shadowing an Su-22 as I recall. The company had to pull it and it's now very rare and much prized by us industry-wonks.

Reply to
Rufus

The Old Goat wrote in news:Xns95A05C3996F25theoldgoat@129.250.170.86:

Snip

O.K. just saw the commercial on the A&E network. It's for Mitsubeshe, or how ever it's spelled, and shows a long line of men in orange jumpsuits lining a bridge while a car drives by.

I also picked up on some more of the song, "I feel fine, I'm" then a part I cannot understand follow by "Getting around"

Ring any bells?

The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.

Reply to
The Old Goat

it will when i see it. you want the song posted?

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:9Qxld.4998474$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

No Thanks

Just the Title and/or Artist

The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.

Reply to
The Old Goat

Maybe they're saying "dragging the line" or the Mitsubishi cover changes the lyrics a little, cause it sounds like the setup for "Draggin the Line" by Tommy James and the Shondells. I haven't seen the commercial yet.

They say anything like this?:

I feel fine I'm talking bout peace of mind. I'm getting to good times Draggin the line Draggin the line

WmB

WmB

ok, got the eyes out.

there is a commercial that uses that song. i believe tj&s covered it.

your fave site agrees with you, bill.

Just James himself, IIRC. The Shondells were pretty much gone by then. AFAIK, it was originally his song.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:4CBld.5012392$ snipped-for-privacy@news.easynews.com:

Snip

Mistery solved. It is "Dragging The Line" by Tommy James.

My Thanks to all

The Old Goat Please respond to group. Email is a spam trap.

P.S. Special Thanks to e and WmB

Reply to
The Old Goat

old hippy standard covered by 50+ bands. best tj$s is still the extended crimson and clover with the

4 minute wa wa solo.

I think it's Sixpence None The Richer, but am not sure. It's a cover of a song by the Las IIRC.

Reply to
Russ Perry Jr

Spike Jones, of course! "Dinner Music for People Who Aren't Very Hungry" is a classic!

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

We are talking about two different commercials if you remember. One was a "pill" commercial and the other was the Mitsubishi commercial. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Not 'a pill', The Pill. Which reminds me of a bumper sticker running around in the mid-'60s. You'd have to know about a deodorant commercila current then to get the full effect.

"Enovid takes the worry out of being close"

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yup, I understood it was The Pill, just didn't know the brand. Haven't seen it yet; what network?

Saw most of the Mitsubishi commercial. Why are they spraying the guys in the orange jumpsuits? What's a Shondell? 8^)

"being close." That was Ban wasn't it? Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper