ot, sorta

spike has been running a voyager marathon. i had forgotten much of it because it wasn't a fave trek series. though i still put ds9 in 2nd to last place. the last series was my least fave, so much promise and they made it into another lameothon. there should have been truly amazing first contact stories, instead it was space opera one of the few i liked was the repair station one. wish there was a kit of that. anyway, did anyone make a voyager kit? i kinda like that toenail. and can i have a seven of nine for xmas? she sure killed her ex hubby;s career. good for her.

Yep. Believe it ws AMT. They issued a Kazon ship too. Possibly a Maquis ship - not sure about that though.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

thanks and best of holidays.

Daniel

i forgot the starshipmodeler one. thanks.

Whaddaya mean...he was an Illinios politician. That was just routine biz. He'll be back...

Reply to
Rufus

Catch Jerry Ryan in Shark, Thusrdays on CBS

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

i thought it's been a few years? i sure wouldn't share or expose her. she's keep at home and treat nice material. a bit overblown, but ok.

maybe with the sound off. i can't deal with what passes for drama today.

Yeah, that's how I'd treat her...but if yer gonna swim in the pool in Ill, you'll get the slop on ya eventually.

I'd forgotten all that stuff till I spent the month back there watching the local news again. It's really unlke anywhere else I've ever lived...I think the last three ex-govs are either under indictment or serving time for racketeering...I'm gonna have to start watching WGN news regularly and keeping up.

Reply to
Rufus

watch wsb for a month for the n.e. version of that circus. toss in boston politics and you got soap opera heaven.

I'd really like to see boss Daily Jr. get run out of office for what he did to Meigs Field (for starters...), but I doubt the machine will let that happen.

Reply to
Rufus

what is this, the 60's again already? where'd i put that damn hippy spraybegone?

Yeah...wonder what would happen if they held another democratic convention there?..

Reply to
Rufus

the city would love the business. the working girls love conventions and the dalys love working girls. umm, i mean associated trades people, of course.

As long as their union girls, everyone should get along just fine...

...and of course the cops love the disorder in the streets. Chicago cops are the biggest street gang on the street...so says a friend's dad who was there batting for 'em in '68.

Reply to
Rufus

i was there in 69 with some friends. it was a bit hairy. police rioting is odd.

sheesh, i meant 68, we went with sncc and spnea groups we had contacts with. i did not fight or destroy, i was too much in shock to do more than watch in sort of a stunned silence. i would have gotten clubbed by a blue monster but this tiny woman named suey tripped him and dragged me away. we did get gassed in the park, near where the guy got his arm broken on the statue, we missed that.

Can say that again...I may have been mighty young then, but I do recall watching the coverage of what was going on outside the '68 convention pretty clearly. That, and some of the violence and threats of violence that spilled out into the 'burbs...grandpa sat up all night on the front porch with a shotgun in his lap on at least one occasion I can recall.

Didn't dawn on me until I was much older that as a WWI vet he'd probably shot quite a few folks serving in the Muse-Argon for his Country, and had zero compunction about shooting a few for his family in his own front yard...

Reply to
Rufus

There was just a local news story line about a recently corrupt Chicago cop that is speaking about how he got that way...probably gonna make a killing.

Reminiscent of the democratic convention here in LA...where the LA cops caught all those folks in a crossfire with non-leathal bullets. Made the local news, but Ma said they never heard about it in Chicago. My first foray into the fact that local news really is local.

Reply to
Rufus