Paint Mixing - "100_1520.JPG" (0/1) 28.4 kBytes yEnc

I use empty medication blisters to mix paint for one-off batches. For those times where the colour will be needed for a 2nd coat or to change tint, use a coke bottle cap. Remove the blue seal washer, put a bit of blutak on it and you have a resealable paint pot. If it dries a bit off in colour, you have the original mix to modify instead of starting over. Currently using it to mix paint for an Israeli Avia S-199 and the first try needs a bit more blue.

Reply to
Stadia

That is a really excellent idea. I've used artists palettes, the small plastic mouldings with several dished mixing areas, but they are really too large for the small quantities involved in modelling. I'd never thought of using cast-off pill packaging, but now you mention it, it is exactly the right size, and disposable.

The bottle-cap idea is great too. Not good for long-term storage, the blu-tack will be attacked by the paint solvent fumes, but another great bit of inspiration.

Thanks for posting these ideas!

Reply to
Alan Dicey

Thanks Alan, I think I get these ideas because of my Scots ancestry :-) Another system I use for painting and general scratch prevention is to make racks from leftover sprue so I can invert models without damaging paint or breaking off aerials etc. The foam came from discarded PC component packaging.

T>That is a really excellent idea. I've used artists palettes, the small

Reply to
Stadia

i made a cool tardis with sprue, frames and lots of lights. it looked like a borg cube humping a calculator.

Reply to
someone