Parts needed for Encore Beaufort II

Picked this up at an auction.

Complete and in great shape except for the brass fret of antennae parts.

Anyone have a set to spare?

Oh, and for those who get their panties in a wad and don't know how to NOT open a post, I'll be posting some FS items here soon, so please killfile me now to avoid hyperventilization :-)

Tom (the other one)

Reply to
maiesm72

the for auctions posts arent all bad, its when some idiot post like 5 or 6 in a row rather than all in one post

Reply to
Shawn

I don't know why you find it appropriate to call someone an idiot when they are doing many of us a service. I only open the ones that I have not heard of and that's several.

Perhaps the term you use would be better suited for someone that hasn't got the brains to pass over a post that they are not interested in?

Please killfile me, Shawn. I'll be posting some FS sometime soon and they may be individual posts. Wouldn't want you to get all hissy.

Grow up.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

grow up? im not the one who cant take constructive criticism, what a baby. i merely suggest having all the auctions in one post. do what you want though, babies do that.

Reply to
Shawn

i am not out to make enemys, my thinking hed string out several auction posts comes from his defending multiple posts, also i may have mistaken him for the Tom who is posting multi FA posts

Reply to
Shawn

Not that this is any of my business but:

  1. Tom didn't mention that he was going to string all of his posts out in singles.
  2. Tom knows more about 1/72 kits than I'll ever learn. Make him your friend, not your enemy. Someday he'll have that piece of info you might need. In fact he does provide packets of information on subjects, no matter the scale the builder intends to use.

JMHO,

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah, the two are not the same. The Tom who posts multiple 'FA's is from the Netherlands, I believe. This Tom is from California. IIRC, Grey Ghost mentioned that the first Tom didn't take his advice to combine all the FAs in one post. Perhaps he does not know how. I've never posted any of my auctions because I really don't remember how and multiples are really beyond me.

(Shameless plug time)

I post sales on E-bay under the name "mad-modeler" in case anyone cares. My son came up with that handle which explains its spelling. ;) No relation to the "Mad Modeler" who posts on the HH message board, either.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Shawn's calling (Dutch) Tom an "idiot" is what pissed me off, not his dislike of multiple FS postings.

I'll try a different approach to try and get through to people who dislike multiple FS postings and are not able to simply move on without opening them.

A FS post stating "1/72 Aircraft" will usually be enough for me to open as that's my preferred field. A FS post stating "Lots of Aircraft Kits" may not as it's too vague. A FS post stating "1/72 Yermolaev Ye-2" is going to grab my attention big time. Tom's posts are specfic. I'll open the ones that look new to me, pass on the others.

Bottom line: If it looks good open it, if not, don't. If you call someone an idiot it would probably be a good idea to know the person.

"Baby" Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Thanks for the plug, Bill.

It's called MAI Research Service and can be reached at snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com. We use our 7000+ aviation library to search out information for modelers, artists, writers, film researchers, news media and the like. Fees are on a sliding scale based on results and individual needs.

...and I'm still looking for the antennae parts for the Encore Beaufort II.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

i didnt call tom an idiot, i was making a generalization towards people who cant see how dumb it is to post multi posts of fs and fa when one post would suffice.

Reply to
Shawn

Reply to
Shawn