Ping: e

Well...I'm down to one bike at the moment.

Was out to breakfast yesterday when some knuclehead backed into my '03...scared the snot out of him when I came out of the restraunt yelling "what the f@#k do you think you're doing?!?!". Bunch of ambulance drivrs came in and this guy backedd his car right into my parked bike.

The only good news was that the bike didn't come off the stand, so my custom paintwork is untouched...he's going to get a bill for about $4K+ worth od new front end and labor, though. I trucked it down to the shop in Lancaster - the front end is tweeked pretty good. Hoping the frame isn't bent at the head.

I went home to get the other bike while the gf stayed behind...she said the whole place was informing the guy he was lucky I let him live...

Reply to
Rufus

must be the weekend for idiots. i'm gettin a fake "outing" and attempted trolling from this loser named zeke, so i have been laughing my ass off all day. i'm glad you weren't hurt, hope the bike is just knackered and not knurled, and yeah, the guy was lucky. wouldn't want you to go 1/32 on his dumb ass. hope you don't mind if i chuckled....but i could picture you bouncing your shorty helmet off his head and asking is he could hear you....

That image is enough to make me laugh...

Reply to
Rufus

good, the bike will ride again...soon, i betcha.

Wonder what my 71 Jeep Gladiator J2000 would have done to that bike. It would not have been pretty. One nice thought, the Jeep would have been unscratched.

Of course, I would have been most gracious under the circumstances. I would have offered to haul the bike to the landfill, free of charge.

So Rufus, hope this is a lesson. Do not park in the handicapped space.

..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

that the same vehicle that ran over your head? repeatedly?

Ran over his toe. Pressure did the rest.

WmB

WmB

snow brain, obviously.

Nah, Vess is in Colorado, not Texas.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...or behind one. The guy that hit my bike had pulled into the handicapped space and backed out of it into my ride.

And I could always call in an air strike on your jeep if I REEALLY wanted it out of commission...

Guess I'll go back to parking on the sidewalk.

Reply to
Rufus

the cagers not only can't see us, they DON'T LOOK! i mean need a selective strike on northridge soon. single house, sanitize. will the guys work for mp3's? i'm just glad you weren't t-boned or tail piped.

Some of the guys I know may work for beer...they'll just chalk it up as "training".

Reply to
Rufus

we can do beer.

I need to dry out a bit...we had a pretty good time down on the bayou when they weren't working our asses off.

Got my first taste of alligator hiney...

Reply to
Rufus

bbq, gumbo or wrasslin?

Deep fried. Missed out on the oysters, though...

Reply to
Rufus

homer simpson drool.....oysters. adding clams and anything else tha walks, swims or otherwise is aquatic wildlife. squid, mussels, eel, sushi? yes, please.

I had some blackened catfish smothered in shrimp, crabmeat, and oysters covered with a bernaise sauce and dirty rice a couple of nights ago that was SERIOUSLY tasty...

Reply to
Rufus

i am going to bludgeon you with a frozen tv dinner about the head and shoulders. worse, i'll make you ride a v star.

...then I probably shouldn't tell you about the "pepper steak" I had last night...two fillet mingon in a VERY tasty pepper sauce, with freash green beans and some very nicely prepared new potatoes...

All served at a pier-side table under the open night sky, as the sailboats were drifting by...a gentle evening breeze blowing into the sunset.

Reply to
Rufus