Ping: e

I was the '03 - the 100th Anniversary one with the serialised paint job.

I just got back from a trip to Lancaster, and stopping at the shop. The insurance folks have been by and snapped pictures, and the shop is waiting on authorization to start work.

So far, the front wheel is bent and I'm going to get a new wheel/tube/tire/bearings assembly, but they don't think my fork legs or the frame is bent. I'm not buying that the fork tubes aren't bent yet, but they said they would let me road test it prior to signing it back over to me and if I wasn't satified it would get fixed. I think they've still got some looking to do...

Reply to
Rufus

laser sight.... that's the last year for normal aspiration, yes?

Yes - one more reason I bought it. TO get the carburator.

Both my bikes are the last of their breed - my '98 is the last of the Evo powered ones.

Reply to
Rufus

yes, i thought i remembered you telling me that was a reason you wanted it., er, both, i mean, evo and carb. i have nothing againts fuel injection or computers or any of that modern kludge. but not on my bikes. i gues i will always be a strait up rider. if harleys could just corner and lay down well, i would have one. otherwise, disregarding the chuckleheads they attract, i think they are fine. over priced, but you big money guys can deal. (g) even if the 03 tubes were bent, they can be hydralically aligned fairly easily. they even have laser site systems to get them to aerospace tolerances. anyway, when you coming to visit? i can show you some real progress on both sr's and the triumph.

Actually, they said that if the tubes were bent they would just give me a complete new front end because even the ones with chromed sliders come as a full assembly and it would be less labor for them. I've known of folks tha have had forks straightened (lots of dirt riders) but if I can get brand new I'll take it...seeing as it's not my money.

Recovering from the crunch, and the trip south right now...got a be-atch of a head cold at present...that seems to always happen to me on long flights. One of our pilots got the same and couldn't fly for three days down there. I lucked out until I got home.

Reply to
Rufus

oh yeah, new on someone else's nickel anytime. ok, get better and think of a visit.

I reccommend Cold-eze; the gluconated zinc suppresses virus reproduction. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yeah great stuff...and I even have some.

Reply to
Rufus