Pink Elephants...

Here ya go - from the Nats:

Rufus

..and two years before that film, there was Operation Petticoat, but neither was based on a true story.

willshak

Yes but this one is based on a real wartime event which was eventually turned into a feature film.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yes, sorry. I meant Operation Petticoat. (Always get those two confused).

The Part about the submarine being painted pink was indeed based on a true incident (USS Skipjack): See here:

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I'll get something right eventually!

The Wikipedia reference is slightly garbled, it was actually the USS *Sea Dragon* (SS-194) which was painted pink in the Philippines:

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Sure wish I could show that one to Dad. He really enjoyed that movie and I think he would have gotten a kick out of this.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah - I thought that one was pretty cool.

Reply to
Rufus