Re: Academy 1/48 scale F-86E

Eric,

The decal sheet *looks* great, but the decals are almost translucent. Be sure to put a coat of paint under the yellow decals.

I used the Aeromaster decals instead. An even bigger mess as the Aeromaster decals are for the Hasegawa kit. One of the kits (don't know which) has the wing wrong as regards both size and shape. The Aeromaster decals are too big for the Academy kit's wings.

Art

Purchased this kit recently, hoping it would have deployed slats as the 1/72 > scale version does. NOT--the slats are molded in the retracted position. > Also, the scribing seems a bit light and, at times, indistinct. Not a major > issue, but I like the smaller kit of the slatted "E" a lot better. On the > plus side, the decal sheet is great. Just my depreciated two cents worth. > Eric O.... > >
Reply to
Art Murray