Re: Any "Cut Away" Commercial Jet Kits?

>Does anyone know of a decent sized plastic model kit at least 1/96th scale

>>of any kind of large commercial jet like a 727, 747 or 767 that has either a >>transparent side or removeable panel or side of the plane so you can see the >>actual cabin, cockpit, etc? > The only 1/96 scale kit I know of that comes anywhere near what >you're looking for is Lindberg's Caravelle. It's reissued >periodically, and shows up on eBay once in a while.

And the only 1:72 that I know of was a Nichimo (I think, I have a copy made by Paramount out of Canada) was a Japanese turboprop Nihon YS-11. Full interior, and clear fuselage half (plus an opaque one for the squeamish). Mine's not for sale, but I've seen them on eBay from time to time. The only other alternative is to visit a bigger travel agency and look at theirs (they usually have a couple) and ask where they got them from and trace it back.

The Old Timer

Thanks to everyone that has replied to my question. I'll be searching eBay and the kit shows in my area for those few rare kits.

T.B.

Reply to
TB