Re: Need Help Repair Rear Axle.

The rear idler wheel axle on my Italeari Panther had broken off. I

> couldn't even get the new replacement axle to glue on without breaking > that off too. =EF=BF=BDAny good ideas how to reinforce it so that it will = stay > in place while I wrap the track around it? Its exactly the same mirror > position as the other side. I don't think its a positioning problem. I > have the same broken axle problem with a Dragon Hummel too. =EF=BF=BDBoth > models are fully painted.

Sounds like you will have to drill a hole in the stub of the axle and the hull and use a small length of heavy piano wire or a steel pin epoxied into place. Pain in the neck but about the easiest way to fix one. (Only one I could never fix was the way-too-short tracks on the Zvezda T-26 and the way out was single link track.)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne