Re: OT? EU to ban Swastika

send me the plane ticket, i'll be right over.

You can sort of add Bulgaria and Montenegro to the list. The former king of Bulgaria is the current president (not the PM) and IIRC Montenegran royalty is involved in Montenegran politics. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Grief. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

You mean the Royal Family going extinct?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

No the fact that a young person is stupid enough to start smoking.

I can well understand the rumours that Charles isn't the dad, William seem much more sensible

Reply to
Martin

Snip

No, Guinness comes from the Republic... Now, from the North, you get Harp lager, Bushmills Whiskey, Frank "it's the way I tell 'em" Carson and Beleek pottery!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

and bleak poetry.

I have some copies of Rudyard Kipling books - Kim and Stalky & Co specifically, that date from 1920's. Both have a swastika on the spine

- again an indicator of India I guess.

David

Reply to
David Pennington

...terrorists?

Reply to
Graeme Cosgrove

And what about The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Luxemburg, Spain - or did their royaly disappear without me noticing?

David

Reply to
David Pennington

Scotland has a football team?!?!?!? I thought it was "The Ali McCoist Drinking And Adultery Club" :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Elephant Beer!! Yummy!!

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

The trouble with this sort of nonsense is that the censors don't see the irony of their actions...

Reply to
Roger Demming

£20m in used Irish banknotes ;-)
Reply to
Roger Demming

ROTFLMAO!! Nice one!! :-)

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

I'm also one of those vets. I served as a combat Marine on the ground from Jan

67-Jun 68 (including Operations Mississippi, Union I&II, Swift, the Tet Offensive, and several smaller ops and 52 long-range Recon patrols.

To be totally accurate, the US military was not EVER "kicked out" of Vietnam. The US Military left at the behest of the political side of the government, responding to the lack of stomach for it brought on, in pert, by the one-sided reporting of the war by the likes of Morley Safer and other leftist press.

It was the political side of the government, starting with the sleazy and inept LBJ who initiated the major build-up of combat troops, then shackled us to the point winning was going to be impossible, that lost the war. Neither the US Army or the US Marines were EVER defeated in combat; not in one single major engagememt......just to set the record straight.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

I'm no,soldier, but that is exactly what I meant !

BTW, my son has written from basic training and he hates it :) Breakfast is OK, lunch and dinner are blah... The drill instructers have nothing better to do than push you to the limits of endurance and pain. It's hard work. (his words) He is homesick, and misses everyone at home very much. No free time, and someone is after him every waking moment. He is looking forward to AIT, he hates basic that much. There ARE about a dozen of us writing letters to him, (just started just got fixed addy) and tho before he went in he said he hated mail, he now wants us to write him. Cant wait for class graduation !!!

We ALL cant wait to see the new and improved version when they are done either :-)

How times change !

Reply to
AM

you must be new here. :) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Congratulations! That is the best and most succinct description of the situation I have ever read!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey
Reply to