Re: Past "professional" scratchbuilders?

[..] I vaguely recall [..] Michel Conti from Italy. They scratchbuilt automobiles

>(usually on a commission basis) and worked, generally, in 1/12th scale (if I >recall, correctly). They created museum quality models and I can't find any >mention of them anywhere. Any ideas? > >----- >Roger Rick >

He's Italian, not French: MichelE (pron. mee-ke-lee) and not Michel ;-) Michele Conti and his talented son Maurizio are at

Have a look with Google.com: there's even more.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

Manuel Olive Sans is, I believe, dead. Michel Conte was another, also gone -- though his son may be active. Augie Hiscano does some amazing things, especially in metal. There was a Henry (I believe) Bagent, probably impossible to learn much about, much a master -- according to another master, Martin Field.

Charles Fox snipped-for-privacy@gte.net

Reply to
Charles Fox