WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO NAVIS E-MAGAZINE?

Hi All: I noticed the site had closed, and I was wondering if anyone knew why Mr. Pizzi's operation was defunct? I guess it switched its name to Sea and Air, or some such thing -- but I found it odd that it went out of production. Then again, there are some outstanding free e-magazines out there that are devoted to modeling. In any event, this is an old and battered Rama Lama that hopes someone knows the storey behind the storey.

George H. Elder The Lamer Rama Lama

Reply to
GHE101

Da mob took him out for giving Italians a bad name

;-)

Reply to
M Stanley

Yes, Mr. Pizzi has been known to suffer from a certain lack of decorum -- and I could certainly understand why some of my Italian kindred might think in terms of vendetta after witnessing a Pizzi fit ; ). But they would "address" the person -- not the magazine. Hmmm... so I don't think we can blame the Italians for this...

George

Reply to
GHE101

Hello George, I think you may find what you wrote above refers to an American problem more than an Italian one... my correspondence with Paolo about the demise of Navis has been far too brief (my fault, time has until recently been at a premium), and I would not presume to give my opinion on his decision. Heavier flak jackets for the Navis crew would have been a good idea, perhaps, but mental strain doesn't know any flak jackets. If you want to have details, I suggest you write to Paolo, and ask him politely. He is understandably not too happy with the situation, but what can one do: get on and enjoy life. Hopefully he and the others who were associated with Navsi will still be able to contribute to the modeling community through other forums.

Cheers,

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I hope so.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato

Indeed. We children of the boot are a very proud people -- who make fine cars, food, and models. For example, Regia Marina produces exceptional ship models -- amongst the best 1/700 scale made. But I'm not sure if there are any current Italian companies that produce 1/1250 scale models. That would be nice -- although none of this has anything to do with what happened to Navis magazine. We'll figure it out...

George

Reply to
GHE101

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GHE101) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

Lack of decorum...

ya think???

MM

Reply to
Mr Modeler

Ditto. I'm not aware of 1:1250 local products. Last weekend of this month here in Milan it will be held the main Italian modelling exhibit. I'll keep antennae rised. In the meantime, you might be interested in some of these ranges:

's a model shop in Rome.

-- Luca Beato -

del plastimodellismo su

Luca Beato