Re: Tamiya 1/25 Tiger

PaPaPeng wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

> > I have an unfinished kit I'd like to finish. I read that it has a > number of inaccuracies and it does look a kinda of crude and not > quite right. Does anyone know the areas I should make corrections to > on this kit? The barrel length is an obvious one but which part of > the barrel to lengthen? >

I have one of these. I'd just go pretty much OOB. Unless you're Zaloga or Paine you aren't going to win any contest with it, the judges will know what it is and snub it.

Just have fun with it. Other than that get the Osprey book and look at the cutaway for interior issues. It's probably proportioned wrong (like the 1/35 kit).

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Well...Shep Paine rarely actually *competes* any more, though he does enter as "exhibition only"...so that example is moot.

:o)

But, like you said...just build it for fun! Put your skills into artistic presentation. Do a diorama/vignette. This is a great candidate for a "wedgie"! And if you do a good job on such...the really great people in the hobby, such as the afore-mentioned Messers Zaloga and Paine; will praise and reward you for your final product; just as much as the "rivet counters and paint-chip Fascists" would if you went for 100% accuracy.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Greg Heilers wrote in news:ynwdf.927$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Yep. Don't forget Tamiya makes cast metal and plastic 1/25 infantry figures. Maybe not Dragon Gen 2 for detail, but frankly I ain't good enough to take advantage of that either. But they will look good in a dio with the Tiger.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

When you think about it, you could use *any* 1/24th-1/25th scale civilian figures can be used, as well. This is a great size to work with, when delving into sculpting. Just cut away any civilian attire, and open up the ol' two-part epoxy putty....

And any figures in the "75mm-ish" size range would work, as well. Doesn't Preisser make a set of their terrific "academy" figures in this size?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

PaPaPeng wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Buy new ones. They are on eBay frequently and I believe they are alos on release again. And they are cheap vs time to copy.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost