1/35 Tiger Tanks

I've always fancied building a Tiger tank, the Version I not the King Tiger.

I'd guess I'd really like one of the more recent Tamiya attempts but they are rather pricey. So I've been looking at alternatives from Academy and Italeri.

I'm quite attacted by the idea of tracks made up of individual links rather than one piece nylon but it is difficult to work out which ones have this.

How do the Academy, Italeri and Tamiya compare. I'm not 'anal' about scale accuracy but would like the model to look good. The Italeri Tiger AUSF E/H1 has an attractive price but can't find much about it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

The Academy kits are not too bad, and one of them even comes with a complete interior (well, within the realm of injection molding at least).

The Italeri one was an effort to produce a kit with zimmerit paste on it but is somewhat squirrely to assemble from what I understand.

On the other hand, the Academy ones run around $35-40 unless you get lucky, and you may find an Italeri one for $15-20 or so.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne