Request for European Postal info - esp. France, Italy

I'm shipping a few oversize pkgs to France and the UK later in the week and was wondering what the French term would be equivalent to the American usage of "THIS SIDE UP" on packages? Or any other helpful postal terms or info for France and Britain that can help make this a smooth 'one-way' trip.

I've got the USPS regs as far as name, address, phone number, contents and forms requirements- any unwritten tips to help see that this pkg gets from my doorstep to the buyer's without any customs problems?

I've got a few small things going to Italy, Spain and Germany that shouldn't be a problem - but every bit of info helps. Any do's and don't anyone has run into for any of these?

Much thanks.... merci beaucoup... grazie mille... muchas gracias... vielen dank (had to look this last one up)

WmB

Reply to
WmB

"HAUT" But don't waste your time, no self-respecting postfrog will ever care about that.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

You could also use the equivalent graphic symbol (two arrows side-by-side pointing up).

Sadly this is true for any courier or postal service, not just the French one. You should assume that your parcel may be oriented any which-way, may be handled less than gently, and may have other fairly heavy parcels stacked on top of it.

Reply to
Ralph Currell