Plastic guns (Marushin ?)

Hi,

Anyone know of a supplier of plastic gun kits in the UK? I need to source a Colt Navy (1851) revolver as a prop, so it has to be 1:1 scale. Years ago I build a couple of kits that I bought in Japan (a Colt 45 and a 9mm Beretta) and they were amaziingly lifelike. I think they were made by Marushin, but I'm not sure.

It doesn't have to fire BB's so I am not really after an AirSoft type, since the expense of it "working" is unnecessary. The ones I made had brass cartridges with caps in, so they went BANG and the slides worked, but no projectile was forthcoming.

Failing kits, anyone know af a source for scale drawings? As a last resort, making one out of balsa might do.

TIA,

/\/\

Reply to
mtb_recyclebin

You might want to ask in a theatrical forum.

JM

Reply to
John Mianowski

Reply to
Ol' 45

A Google search for Marushin (and that is the correct name) generate 561,000 hits and the very first hit was for a supplier. Note that most of the handguns, with the exception of derringers, was somewhat over $100.

Reply to
Larry Farrell

Checking back on this, I see that I did you something of a disservice in my original response since I did not respond to your request for a source in the UK. So, here is one such source:

Reply to
Larry Farrell

I would look that could do more: ejecting the expended shells. :)

Reply to
Man-wai Chang

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the link. I didn't really want to spend quite so much as these guys want, but have asked them about plastic kits. I'll investigate the Marushin line.

Thanks aga> John Mianowski wrote:

Reply to
mtb_recyclebin

Reply to
mtb_recyclebin

I am by no means a gun expert, but I believe the Navy Colt used paper cartridges.

Reply to
Chezelwig

A friend of mine built a repo back in the day, Connecticut Valley Arms, IIRC. His version was percussion cap, so that makes sense.

Also you could look on eBay for the Mattel pistols that used the "Greenie Stick-em Caps". Those suckers actually had plastic bullets that shot out of the barrel!

Reply to
The Old Man

Not all of them. I'd say the old Mattel "Fanner 50" was a fairly accurate looking Colt 45 given it was designed for children's hands.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Finally managed to find a source at a semi-reasonable price. Will let you know what the quality is like when it arrives......

/\/\

mtb snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
mtb_recyclebin