Need Teeny Tiny People made in Plastic

Hello to you all again. Can anyone give me a good source for small plastic people for a diorama. I would like to do one of the Godzilla Kits i've got. I would like to make a demolished street scene with a few dozen people. What are the next couple sizes down from H.O. gauge size plastic people , i'm not really sure just what scale that would be. I can always use a few of the people from some of those "Gigantics Kits" if I have to. But their detail leaves a little to be desired. Does anyone know just what scale they really are in those kits , and are there Plastic People that small that are not really too expensive to purchase.

Thanks very much and I hope some of you can help me here. ..... :) :)

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

Sure, check out "N" gauge folks at any model railroad shop. They are, I think, about 1:160 scale. Also, some Preiser HO figures might be smaller than 1:72, but larger than 1:100.

Reply to
Old Timer

As far as that goes, I think Preiser do folk in Z scale, 1/220.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think I scaled the people in "Gigantics" (the Preying Mantis, at least) as 1/72. Of course, unless you're using one of those

6-foot inflatable Godzillas, that won't quite work.
Reply to
Jack Bohn

Carl

Reading this I can't help but wonder if a "scale size reality check" isn't in order - how big is the Godzilla kit and how big in real life would you expect Godzilla to be. Then based on the Godzilla scale set a desired scale for the people. What I'm getting at is in many movies the sets are built to compose a specific scene and often the size of the monster - alien machine or whatever can actually change scene to scene. My two cents is - one how many building stories high is Godzilla in a particular scene - multiply by ten feet per story. Then divide this into the height of your kit - making sure both numbers are in feet or inches. Then the question becomes - what's availble close to that scale. Speaking of buildings - if you want them in the scene you also have to pick a scale where model railroad buildings etc are available.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

you'll need at least 1/32 for the Raymond Burr figure..

Val Kraut wrote:

question

Reply to
crw59

I would like to use the Big Polar Lights "Godzilla" standing up holding the Train Cars. I want to change them to Larger "N" scale Passenger Cars which will not only make it look better , but be a little easier to damage I believe. I would like using "Athern" or some other Boxed Kit that I can sort of crush and twist up to look more like being pawed at that way.

The "Godzilla" I believe is 16 inches tall and I am using a few of the "Gigantics" buildings , sanding out the windows and opening up the doorways and the like. The windows will have clear sheet on them to look like glass. Some of them broken and some not. I know that the Monster should be waaaay bigger than that , but I want to keep it atleast a little realistic here where size is concerned.

If I have to use the "Little People" that go with the -Gigantics- kits I will but I wanted to see about getting some of them with a little more detail. If i'm going to do it I do want to try and do a pretty good job of it.

... Carl ..........

.

Rama-Lama-BIG-BORG ; BORG TEMPLE N.Y. Central-Park-West ; Master Builder of blessed temple KITS ; Keeper of Secret Temple Decoder Rings & Bracelets ; Fluent-in-1st--Degree--TALK-to-the-HAND

--TEMPLE-ETTE--Guards--SIX--&--SEVEN--

The----WORLD--WIDE--WEB----is totally jam packed with thousands of people who are Destined to be nothing more then a faded weatherbeaten

---CHALK--OUTLINE--- along the---INFORMATION--SUPER--HIGHWAY---

This is My Main Modeling Page and Web-Site

And Introducing "SPOT -the- CAT"

A brief look into what is really me
Yessss , I'm the -real- "Bad Santa"

cyberborg 4000

I used burnt hamburger in a diorama once! Considering your gonna model Godzilla, and that means Dead Japs, Maybe some burnt or lightly toased bits of FISH?

Reply to
KITMAN

I'm not at all sure that Athearn makes anything in N. Last I checked they only made HO.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hehheh - a good example of this phenomonon is that turkey called 'Reign of Fire'. Get it out and watch it to see the amazing magical dragon change its size from frame to frame!! Complete dross otherwise.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

OK, which one of you left the door to the d*****ad room open again?? C'mon, 'fess up.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

He tunneled....just like weasels and other varmints are known to do.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Inexpensive... let's see... Model Power, Life-Like and Bachmann make (or made) N scale (1:160) figures that are Quite inexpensive. Google it and I'm sure you'll find some good bargains. eBay might also be a good place to find them.

More pricey are figures made by Woodland Scanics and most expensive are Preiser.

But Preiser makes Z scale figures too (1:220).

IIRC, the diorama you mentioned is closer to H0 (1:87.5) than to N scale.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.