Road Warrior Vehicles ?

A great, great movie. Anyone recall if there were any garage kits, etc. made of all the dune buggies, and whatever else they could come up with for the car chase scenes?

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I remember years ago seeing resin models to the pursuit and interceptor cars of the first movie, but none of the stuff from the other two. I would have ~loved~ to have seen a kit for the goofy crop duster from the second (?) movie.

Reply to
The Old Man

George Miller proved himself a genius when he decided NOT to use movie stunt drivers for the movies. Instead he recruited demolition derby drivers--the result is on the screen.

Reply to
tomcervo

I seem to recall AMT made a stock dune buggy in the late 60s. You know back in the days when there were VW bugs all over and VW vans were cool....no doubt you could kit bash something.

Reply to
frank

The Manx is getting (re)released sometime this year. It's totally on my to-buy list. It would make a good starting point for a road warrioresque vehicle.

Cheers, Dave Ambrose

Reply to
Dave Ambrose

The Third "Mad Max", but given "Mad Max 2" was "The Road Warrior" in the U.S., I suppose that makes "Mad Max beyond the Thunderdome" "Road Warrior 2"... The beast was a Transavia PL-12 Airtruk, and the scary thing was there was a proposed multipurpose (including COIN!!!), the M-300:

it can have camo (and, presumably, weapons), so someone will have to kit it. Now all we need is a kit of the PZL-Mielec-M-15- Belphegor...

Regards,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

e ~loved~ to have seen a kit for the goofy crop duster from

It's been a while since I've seen these movies; I should break out the VHS tapes soon and burn them to DVD.....

That's one of the few times I saw that type of aircraft. The pilot showed up recently as the wizard in "Legand of the Seeker"; good to see he still has a job.

Reply to
The Old Man

I think I got Mad Max 2 on disc last time it was on TV, but I'm damned if i can find it

Bruce Spence - the same guy who was the Gyro Captain in " Mad Max 2". Don't worry, he will get his Bus Pass this year... I haven't seen the fantasy series you mention, but it has to be going down market for him, given he was The Mouth of Sauron in the extended version of "Return of the King", the movie against which all other fantasy will be measured - and found lacking...

Reply to
Moramarth

You haven't missed a thing. I was taping it for about 8 episodes and it got boring. I quit watching and converted the tapes to something else. I don't regret it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Yeah, it became Xena the Warrior Princess without the visual stimulation.

Reply to
The Old Man

i once thought i would never see the lord of the rings as a real film and not a cartoon. having it done by someone who really understood that world and how it should look was even better. truly completed my life. they've reissued the ralph bakshi cartoon and that's what it is, a cartoon. bakshi was an amzing animated flim maker, but it just didn't work. perhaps a collaboration with vaughn bode could have made it much better but the deal fell through. it was just carttony and not quite worth sitting through once. all hail peter jackson!

Reply to
someone

You were actually able to sit through it? It gave me a splitting headache. I liked the Rankin-Bass cartoons "The Hobbit" and "Return of the King" better, but I've always enjoyed Glenn Yarbrough and his music was featured in both.

Reply to
The Old Man

Singing Orcs ???

Reply to
Musicman59

More like a singing narrator while the hobbits were walking around.....

Reply to
The Old Man

let's say i saw it in a really happy mood. you know, like how you go to 2001? wow, man, the colors.....it was a very long time ago. i really was a bakshi fan, so i felt the need to give it a chance. it just didn't work from both a techie and literary view point. i was quite dissapointed.

Reply to
someone

Meanwhile:

Thing is, over the years there have been a load of 1970s muscle cars and the like that could be good candidates for the more radical machines. I was in the middle of converting an AMT 1973 Mach 1 "Street Machines" Mustang into Max's Interceptor when practicality (and the advent of Aoshima's kit) changed my mind. I'll still customize the Mustang; I'll need parts for it someday.

All those short-track modified cars that had been AMT (and now are whatever Racing Champions calls their model division these days) would be nice starting points for Road Warrior machines. The lion's share of the stunt cars are speedway Sportsmen beaters with extras added for style's sake.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922

Stephen Bierce

"Where there's a whip, there's a way."

Forget the words, something like... "We have to march a hun'ret miles today, today But Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

Reply to
Jack Bohn

I remember that song more than anything else in the show...

Reply to
Russ Perry Jr.