Shipping time from HLJ to west coast?

Ordered a kit from Hobby Link Japan and had it shipped by SAL (surface air
lift). Does anyone have a good idea how long it should take to get to
California?
Thanks,
Eric
Reply to
Teresa
: Ordered a kit from Hobby Link Japan and had it shipped by SAL (surface air : lift). Does anyone have a good idea how long it should take to get to : California? : You should have a shipping number from HLJ, and a link to the Japanese postal system. You will know it arrived in the US once it clears customs. My package clears in San Fran. It took about 4 days, I believe.
Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Burden
Here in the Chicago area I usually receive in-stock items from HLJ a week or two after placing my order. The time between placing an order with HobbyLink Japan and receiving the goods varies more than the shipping time itself, because HLJ doesn't ship until they've accumulated a container (those big boxes one sees on railroad cars) full of processed orders.
HLJ will notify you by e-mail when they ship, as Bruce said. However, I half recall that the shipment notice is generated when HLJ puts a parcel into the container, rather than when the container leaves their premises. In any case, don't worry, because HLJ is very reliable.
A long-time and happy HLJ customer,
Charles Metz
Reply to
Charles Metz
What is "surface air lift"? Is that by hovercraft?
Reply to
willshak
Surface Air Lift is the cheaper shipping rate. Eric
Reply to
Teresa