Sighting...

On my way down to UCLA today I was fortunate enough to look up just in time to catch sight of a B-17 heading northbound, following the

14...very nice!
Reply to
Rufus

There have been a couple in the area lately. A silver one was at Torrance Airport a few weeks ago, & a green one (nine o nine) with a B-24 & P-51 at Hawthorne Airport a couple of weeks ago. Which one did you see?

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Silver, with a blue stripe up the tail...I think it had a black square with a white letter in the middle of the stripe.

I was skydiving down at Lake Elsinore once, and as I was in freefall a close formation of a B-17, a B-24, and two P-51s (may have been a Mustang and a P-47, it was some years ago) flew by heading southbound as I fell past it, about 5-6K AGL...now *that* was a view! And the sound of all those engines - sheer music!

Reply to
Rufus

A whole 'nother airplane. The one at Torrance had a vertical red stripe on the tail. That make three here in two months. If you check out alt.binaries.pictures.aviation & look around 4/11, you'll see some pics I shot of it. I am currently posting pics of nine o nine.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

We had Fi Fi (B 29) and a B 17F at Andrews AFB airshow a couple of weeks ago along with an SBD TBF P 51 and FM 2 etc.

I took some shots if anyone is interested I can post them on abms.

Reply to
AM

I'd like to see them.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

My dad was a 29 pilot, would love to see them!!

Reply to
Jim

Unfortunately I seem not to have taken any B 29 pic's. I'm very sorry.

Reply to
AM