Stash rules

yep, indusrial dance band in the spk-skinny puppy vein.

snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote: : : At 500 it's too late for you. At 1000 you start doubting your own : sanity. : Ummmm, others might, but I never have. : : So take the above as a warning. The first 100 opens the door. Someday : it may have to be the door to buying the house next door. : At 100 kits, you go to a model show and wonder "Do I have one of those?" At 1500+ kits, you don't wonder. You KNOW you have at LEAST one. Or, you have looked at it, and know that there is no way (Aurora XM-70 anybody?). Instead, you are looking at that one kit that is truely odd, unique or really, really hard to find. Today. Which means you should have bought it when it came out. Idiot. Hence, the reason for the stash to start with.

It really is liberating. I really recommend you try it. It is sort of like wearing a mask. And dread priacy.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Crikey! I have more car kits than that. IIRC, when I first got on to rms my inventory was running around 1500 aviation and miscellaneous kits and did not include the cars.

When you get to my age you're just as likely to forget which kit was to supply parts and which one was to be built.

Spin it anyway to yourself that you want, you've added more mass to the stash. ;)

Buy yourself some more kits. It'll make you feel better.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I saw that one and I might have taken a shot at it - except for the pair already in the stash ... =8^0

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote in news:bcsDh.330497$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.news.easynews.com:

Alphanumeric!

Reply to
CortxVortx

imagine what's-her-tush as a borg babe!

I don't *think* so! :D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

So what is this - is it a pile of Cambrian kits awaiting transfers?

Is it a DC Kits 128 awaiting a motor bogie?

Is it my Mk1 etched sides requiring fitting to some old Lima BGs to produce more restaurant cars?

Are 8 Airfix 2D (4 conv to 2E) TSOs enough?

Reply to
Martin

Why Phantoms?

Reply to
Martin

There's just something about Phantoms. They look so ugly and brutal that you just *know* that they're fit for purpose!

I also like to build variations on a theme - and there are just so many variations available with Phantoms. Just consider the F-4E. There are three main sub-vaiants: hard wing, slatted wing and lastted wing with TISEO and ARN-101. That doesn't take into account the different fin tips and wingtips. Then there is that strange recce nose that the Israelis shoved on it. As for colour schemes, offhand I can think of eleven different ones (four of which are Japanese!) suitable for the F-4E.

I don't build anniversary or commemorative colour schemes, but if I did, there is the possibility of at least 20 models of German and Japanese F-4s alone!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

My railway stash is composed of a number of Alan Gibson kits that have since been overtaken by RTR releases. There is a Brassmasters Patriot in there as well. I'm still going to build them though...

There are also half a dozen Comet Period 2 Stanier coach kits. I'll be building those as well, even though I have more Stanier coaches than could ever run on my layout! And let's not talk about all the Parkside wagon and van kits!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix