T-55/M18 Hybrid

Has anyone ever released a conversion kit for; or has anyone written a decent article about "kit bashing"; the uniquely intriguing T-55/M18 hybrids that were seen in Bosnia:

Greg Heilers

Greg,

Bosnia redefines the term "hillbilly armor" to a new level. I've seen that one as well as a number of others, such as the M18 fitted with the COMPLETE engine package from a German truck (to include the hood and radiator, complete with radiator shell and grille).

There are also the M36 conversions with V-54 12-cylinder diesel engines and rubber armor protection.

Alas, nobody has kits of any of them that I know of, at least in 1/35 scale.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

A friend of mine, Jim Norian, built one last year. I believe he has photos of the kit on

Rob

Reply to
rgronovius

This leads to the "You might be a redneck if..."

Your tank has a truck radiator....with a still attached. You have a tank on blocks in your front yard. You shimmy out along your barrel and spit on the sight. Your tank resembles the Beverly Hillbillies truck...complete with Granny in her rocker. You weld the front end of a Charger on your glacis and paint the entire tank like the General Lee. You prefer Kentucky windage to the fire control computer's firing solution. You have those chromed naked lady silhouettes stuck to your sandskirts. You install glasspacks to make it sound cool. Instead of reactive armor you install cases of PBR hoping it will stop an RPG and if it doesn't you can at least drink it (if you're a redneck PBR is drinkable). Your idea of NBC decon is to shake up warm PBR and have a beer spray fight and hoping the overspray cleans the tank.

I must be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too tired.....

Reply to
rwsmithjr