Bad news for S-T owners

Looking for the useful little S-T history article on Fairways website I discovered that following the sad death of David Pickop last year Fairways has ceased trading:-

Did anyone keep a copy of the article (written by a long-standing employee in about 1939 and detailing among other things the origins of S-T's entry into the marine market) and I wonder what will become of the rest of the archive which includes factory day books giving the date and original buyer for any engine number.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Nick H wrote (snip):

Yes, I did!

Now hopefully uploaded to Mike's S-T info site.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Nick H wrote(snip):

Nope - buggered it up somewhere along the way. Now forwarded to Mike who probably knows how the thing works!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

That snip says that David's wife tried to sell the archive, does that mean that it is still available?? perhaps we/someone should contact her to get that preserved for the future? Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Yes, it makes one wonder to whom it was offered. If you know anyone in a position to take it on then pass the word.

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H